March 15, 2011

Sweet and Simple

What do you suppose this is? Look at those shabby sweet scalloped edges....

Ta Da! It's my vintage cherub wall shelf...although it sits nicely on a table or dresser too! This beauty has lived in my bedroom for a few years now. It's the perfect shade of creamy white, and the cherub's are some sort of iron or metal that someone affixed to the shelf.

As much as I've enjoyed this piece, I'm thinking it might be time to pass her along for someone else to enjoy. The Cherub on the left has a broken wing (poor babe), but that just makes it all the more precious to me. He won't be doing any flying...but he can still play his little harp just fine. The Cherub on the right keeps busy with his little trumpet....announcing good news...I'm just sure of it! I think this piece will go wonderfully in our "At Home with White" Under the Tent Event. Hope to see some of you fellow bloggers there! For now I'm linking up with Kathleen over at Faded Charm. Happy White Wednesday everyone~

Blessings and Hugs,

Karen

7 comments:

theromanticrose said...

Dolce,dolce,questa bella mensola!Rosetta

Victoria said...

Oh that shelf has ME written all over it, I wish I was there to buy it!

Vintage Gal said...

Oh my gosh ~ what a sweet shelf. I wish I was closer to you ~ wow I would definitely pick this up ;-)

Blue Ridge Altered Art said...

That is so adorable. Great job. ~~Sherry~~

Unknown said...

how sweet is that shelf, and cherubs too.

Melissa

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Karen...this is so sweet! I saw some of your other goodies on the website ~ swoon!

Rust: Vintage Inspired Design said...

Hi Karen,
Love this piece..the cherubs are just adorable!
xojanis