January 31, 2011

Snowy Days and Christmas Displays

Brrrr....Snowy Days in New England just never end this Winter. We seem to be having a major snowstorm once a week. I thought I'd share a couple pics of one of our many snowstorms...this one was a wet and heavy snow as you can see how it's bending my little tree.This pic was taken from my window out towards my neighborsThis is my neighbors home on the other side. Aren't the branches so pretty "laced" with the snow?
Here are my little Winter Snowfriends that come out each year to play.
They like to stand guard by my white tree with burlap bow This has been my table centerpiece for Chrismas and Winter. I used a lot of "natural" items around the candle and really loved the look it gave.
This is one wall of my dining room that got "dressed up" for Christmas.
I tried to stick with a lot naturals this year, creams, browns, silver.
I loved putting little groupings of trees in bowls, planters, or even silver gravy boats in this case!
Here is the upper part of that display shelf
Just ending with a showing of some of my Winter Wonderland Houses. I adore these and am slowly collecting them.
I'd love to hear any and all comments...be sure to let me know how "YOUR"
Winter is going.....
Hugs, Karen

8 comments:

Tanza said...

Hi Karen,
Gosh, what a beautiful, romantic, shabbylicious blog you have .. Soo happy to have stumbled across you .. What a blessing, and soo much FuN your blog is .. LoVe all the shabby, serene vignettes you have set up all around .. Truly a JoY to see .. There is just something about chippy, gently loved pieces with soft, romantic linens and pillows ..

It looks soo cold there .. burrr .. I guess we are just plain spoiled in good ole' Sothern CA .. Always a Spring day here it seems .. Such a pleasure visiting you, and you LoVe the Lord, how awesome is that !! Have a wonderful day sweet one, and cuddle up and stay warm ~
Huggers ~TeA~ xo

ShabbyESP said...

Your rooms look so lovely and romantic.
Thank you for sharing!
Suzann

Olivia said...

Hello sweetheart! You and your blog just look amazing! Wow! Everything is just Shabfabulous! I love all of your pretty vignettes. The shabby window ooohhh la la! I am so happy you are back! I am going to go back and look at all your breathtaking pictures!
Squishy hugs,
Olivia

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Karen! I always love taking a peek into your home...everything looks so beautiful!

Your booth always looks so pretty too...I am in love with that pretty pink chest!! I am sure it won't be there for long!

Hope to see you soon!

theromanticrose said...

Fa sempre piacere vedere vignette di Natale è tutto bello e romantico,il paesaggio che si vede dalla tua finestra è incantevole,ciao,Rosetta di theromanticrose

Victorian1885 said...

Lovely post..such beauty!

Kate said...

Hi Karen
I love all of your vignettes, you have such inspiring pieces. Love the salvaged door on the wall. So happy that you stopped by. Look forward to sharing more! have a blessed week

warm wishes
Kate

WHITE BARN said...

Hi Karen ..I found your blog through Pinterest...
What an amazing blog ..and your home is just beautiful ..I share many of the same passions ..especially Our Lord and Savior Jesus !
I just started in this adventure called blogging and starting my own business doing Shabby Chic ~ Cottage ~ Vintage ~ Decor and I have much to learn ~
I love to visit blogs such as yours and getting so much inspiration from them ! You are very gifted and blessed !
Tracy