August 24, 2010

White Wednesday Make Over

For White Wednesday, I wanted to show you a sweetie we came across three weeks ago. I wish I had taken "before" pics of this old nightstand. She had a dark brown finish and was in need of an update. Upon closer inspection, my hubby and I saw the pretty detailing of this vintage nightstand. Very heavy solid wood with beautiful dove-tailed drawers. We took it home where it received a much needed white makeover. (pardon my basement background, but that's where my pieces usually get their work over)
See inside the top drawer... the Link Taylor logo? Blurry pic I know!
Hubby wire- brushed the hardware, which brought it back to it's lovely original state.
What I really love about this piece is it's lines and detail! Just look at the curve of each drawer. The legs are very graceful and the front edges of the piece have design running up the length of it which you can see in the pics. Overall, I think it has a french look to it. After much TLC and shabby white paint, I've placed this beauty in my space at WCS for someone else to enjoy.
Hope you've enjoyed my White Wednesday Makeover! I'm linking up with Kathleen at Faded Charm. Be sure to pop in and say hello to her!

15 comments:

Monica said...

Oooh I love it! Great job! A coat or two of white paint can REALLY do magic...
Happy WW,
Monica.

Rebecca said...

Great transformation-I'm sure it will sell quick!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I bet it sells the first day...great job on it!

Rondell

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

Hi Karen...I admired that little beauty yesterday at the shop! I am sure it will be gone by my next visit!

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

Nice nightstand, it looks good in white, in fact those go real quick around here in my area because you don't see them that often. I went to a Resale place and purchase 2 of them in black for a bedroom that I"m redoing and I like them a lot.

Have a Wonderful Day*

The Swedish Room said...

Hi, What a great transformation. It is very pretty and French. Happy White Wednesday.
The Swedish Room

Virginia said...

Lovely! Great transformation.
Blessings,
Virginia

Victoria said...

That is so beautiful! You did a wonderful job:) What would we do without white paint:)

Rachel Noelle Pallas said...

~*~*Thanks for stopping by my blog today! :) I just LOVE your blog and your home decor~you have such beautiful treasures..In now a follower! Blessings,Rachel~*~*

Ellen said...

I love this piece, if I were close enough, I'd have to take it off your hands..... Beautiful job and what a sweet and helpful husband.

xoxox,
Ellen

Mikey Fuller said...

Thanks for stopping by my Shabby French Cottage! Glad to have you! I love the painted dresser! Also, I wanted to let you know I am following you back! I'll be back soon to read more! Happy White Wednesday!

She Uses Her Words said...

What a beautiful dresser! Nice job!
xo, Karen

One Shabby Old House said...

I love watching what you girls come up with on White Wednesday. Your dresser turned out so nice. Don't you just love that!
Hope you will stop by for a visit.
Hugs
Becky

Pat @ My Tattered Elegance said...

Sorry it took me so long to get to your blog. It is beautiful and I love, love all your things. I'm shabby chic at heart too. Hope you will come for another visis, I know I will be back to visit you.
Hugs, Pat

Missy @ Chateau Chic Boutique said...

Hi there! Just popping in to see what's new. I just found a forgotten email folder (I thought I appropriately named it BLOG as to refer to those oh-so-kind souls that had left comments on my posts so I could return to THEIR blogs). Well I have since learned that it didn't quite work out as I haven't noticed that new folder one time since! LOL
Anyway, you had left a very nice comment on my blog quite a while ago and here I am back to visit. You have such beautiful things. I noticed you haven't posted in a while. I know how overwhelming the "responsibility" of blogging can become! Well, I hope you're doing well and had an awesome Thanksgiving full of love and gratitude for the Lord's blessings and grace.
Sincere blessings to you,
Missy