September 14, 2011

Brimfield FleaMarket

I had the pleasure of attending the Brimfield Massachusetts Flea Market this past Friday.

I only took a few pictures this time, since I was very preoccupied with dragging my little cart through the muck and mud.  It had rained all week, leaving the poor dealers (and customers) to contend with the mess.

Let me show you  a few of the pics I did take...

This is the Bliss Farm's Antiques Booth.  Jackie does a beautiful job displaying her wares....
Sigh!
Ooh La La
Next I stopped by this gorgeous space...
The Textile Trunk
She specializes in Antique and Vintage European Textiles
This is Wendy, the owner...very sweet to pose for me
Lastly, I stopped by my friend Yvonne's space. 

Yvonne has a local shop "Shabby FiFi".    I actually first met her on ebay and was delighted to find how close by we lived to each other.
Aren't her displays to die for?
She has such an eye for arrangement...
I SO wanted to take one of these cherub statues home with me.. but alas...I wasn't there to shop for Karen...  :(
Here's one more view of her fabulous tent 
And here's our  Shop Keeper Extraordinaire, Mary Ellen.
As huge as Brimfield is, I was amazed to run into her twice.  Look at all those treasures in her cart.
In the days to come, I'll be sharing some of the treasures I picked up, although I must say, I actually had more luck over the weekend at local tag and estate sales.

For now, I'll be linking those gorgeous Cherub Statues to White Wednesday over at Faded Charm. Thanks Kathleen for hosting!!
karens sig 2

6 comments:

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oh Karen, I wish I could have joined you. It's funny - I was lamenting not having been to Brimfield all year, then I ran the idea past my husband. "I'm thinking of going to Brimfield next Saturday 9/17"....then I find out this week that I was off a week & missed it! Oh well, wasn't meant to be.
To make up for it, I'll have to visit WCS this fall. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. We'll chat more soon!
- Susan

het tuinengeltje said...

Hello Karen,

I like your blog. Pretty shabby photo's.

Have a nice day,
Sylvia

Passionate for White said...

Great pics... especially MaryEllen! Where is Shabby Fifi's shop?

jacklynn4 said...

Karen, The pictures are wonderful-well done! Always nice to see you ladies at Brim...

Karen Larko said...

Hi Karen. My husband and I stopped at Brimfield on the way back from Maine. I recognize the textile booth from your photos. I loved it there and wish we could have brought back more treasures, but we ran out of room.

Shabby FiFi said...

Shabby FiFi is reopening in Rehoboth, MA. You can follow the grand opening on Facebook.